For a list of my publications, please see my Google scholar.
Some selected publications, including some recent ones:
- Frieder Stolzenburg, Olivia Michael, Oliver Obst. The Power of Linear Recurrent Neural Networks-Predictive Neural Networks. https://arxiv.org/abs/1802.03308
Preliminary version presented at Cognitive Computing, 2018. Best poster award: Most Technologically Feasible Poster Contribution.
- Trevor Barron, Oliver Obst, Heni Ben Amor. Information Maximizing Exploration with a Latent Dynamics Model. https://arxiv.org/abs/1804.01238
Presented at the NIPS 2017 Deep Reinforcement Learning Symposium.
- James Arvanitakis, Andrew Francis, Oliver Obst. Data ethics is more than just what we do with data, it’s also about who’s doing it. The Conversation, June 22, 2018.
- Zeman, A, Obst, O, Brooks, KR & Rich, AN 2013, The Müller-Lyer illusion in a computational model of biological object recognition, Plos One, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. e56126.
- Hartmann, C, Boedecker, J, Obst, O, Ikemoto, S & Asada, M 2013, Real-Time inverse dynamics learning for musculoskeletal robots based on echo state Gaussian process regression, Robotics: Science and Systems, vol. 8, pp. 113-120
- Obst, O & Riedmiller, M 2012, Taming the reservoir: Feedforward training for recurrent neural networks, Neural Networks (IJCNN), The 2012 International Joint Conference on, pp. 1–7
- Boedecker, J, Obst, O, Lizier, JT, Mayer, NM & Asada, M 2012, Information processing in echo state networks at the edge of chaos, Theory in Biosciences, vol. 131, no. 3, pp. 205-213
- Prokopenko, M, Lizier, JT, Obst, O & Wang, XR 2011, Relating Fisher information to order parameters, Physical Review E - Statistical, Nonlinear, and Soft Matter Physics, vol. 84, no. 4
- Jurdak, R, Wang, XR, Obst, O & Valencia, P 2011, Wireless Sensor Network Anomalies: Diagnosis and Detection Strategies, Intelligence-Based Systems Engineering, Springer, pp. 309–325
- Prokopenko, M, Ay, N, Obst, O & Polani, D 2010, Phase transitions in least-effort communications, Journal of Statistical Mechanics: Theory and Experiment, vol. 2010, no. 11, pp. P11025
- Obst, O, Wang, XR & Prokopenko, M 2008, Using echo state networks for anomaly detection in underground coal mines, Proceedings - 2008 International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks, IPSN 2008, pp. 219-229
- Ben Amor, H, Murray, J & Obst, O 2006, Fast, Neat and Under Control: Inverse Steering Behaviors for Physical Autonomous Agents, Charles River Media, pp. 221–232
- Obst, O & Rollmann, M 2005, Spark - A generic simulator for physical multi-agent simulations, Computer Systems Science and Engineering, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 347-356